This is custom heading element
5 DAYS PRIOR to your procedure STOP TAKING blood thinners (Coumdain, Plavix, Ticlid, Agrylin). Be certain that you take all heart and high blood pressure medication (EXCEPT aspirin or thinners) the morning of the procedure with a sip of water. If you have a history of asthma or breathing problems, please use any inhalers as prescribed the morning of the procedure. TYLENOL is OK to take prior for pain or headache.
For DIABETIC PATIENTS please follow the diabetic instruction sheet.
THE DAY BEFORE YOUR PROCEDURE
1) CLEAR LIQUID DIET: It is essential that you drink enough fluids to prevent dehydration. You should plan on drinking at least 6-8 glasses of water on the day before your procedure. Any liquids you can see through are acceptable (i.e., water, fruit juice without pulp, tea, clear broth/bouillon, ginger ales, lemon-lime soda, lemonade, Gatorade/sports drink, jell-o. You may not have any soft/solid food or any milk/dairy products. Do not drink any red or purple liquids. In addition, please do not take any fiber products (i.e. Citrucel, Benefiber or Metamucil).
2) Mix the entire 238 gram bottle of Miralax with 64 oz. of clear liquid. Thoroughly shake the 64 oz. Miralax Solution and refrigerate for later use or ½ bottle of Miralax in each 32 oz bottle of Gatorade.
3) Dulcolax tablets: At 3:00 pm take 2 pills with 8 oz water.
4) Miralax solution: At 5:00 pm drink 8 oz. every 15-30 minutes until you have consumed the entire 64 ox of Gatorade mixed with Miralax.
5) Dulcolax tablets: At 7:00 pm take 2 pills with 8 oz of water.
6) You may continue to drink clear liquids until bedtime.
THE DAY OF YOUR PROCEDURE
1) Do Not Eat or Drink Anything After Midnight
You must have someone accompany you to and from any procedure and you cannot use public transportation.